SubSonic Active Record


 

SubSonic is A Super High-fidelity Batman Utility Belt that works up your Data Access (using Linq in 3.0), throws in some much-needed utility functions, and generally speeds along your dev cycle.

SubSonic was one of my favorite tools in my early days of professional programming. It was an ancestor of the ORM tools, practically it was an ORM that could generate the entire Data Access Layer knowing only the connection string from the referenced database. It was magic for me in those days.

But after that came Entity Framework from Microsoft and the rest is history.

Lately, I've been looking through my old projects and it reminded me of my old passion for this tool. Then I've 'googled' if there are some updates, and the only thing I've found was that it has been moved on GitHub

Comments