From Silverlight-2-b2 To Silverlight-2

This is my older post but I wanted to move it here on Blogspot.
Recently I made an update on my dev machine with the SP1 for Visual Studio 2008 and Silverlight-2. I made these steps:
  1. Installed Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 from here (it is good to read the IMPORTANT paragraph from this page)
  2. I had Expression Blend 2.5 June 2008 Preview which I substituted with Expression Blend 2 and then updated it with the SP1 from here
  3. Installed the Microsoft Silverlight Tools for VS2008 SP1(RC1) from here
Before I made the update I had developed and locally hosted the Silverlight-2-Beta application. But after the update when I was trying to browse that application I was getting the blue Silverlight logo that is displayed every time when there is no Silverlight installed. Hmm... I was wondering what suppose to be the problem. I've opened the solution and went on debugging. The result was: the application didn't start, it crashed. There were build errors and warnings. After some googling I came to this:
  1. Changed the <object> tag from <object data="data:application/x-silverlight," type="application/x-silverlight-2-b2" > to <object data="data:application/x-silverlight-2," type="application/x-silverlight-2" >
  2. After step 1 I was getting this error AG_E_RUNTIME_MANAGED_UNKNOWN_ERROR. To resolve this I fixed the references to the vsm namespace (xmlns:vsm="clr-namespace:System.Windows;assembly=System.Windows")  and changed the <vsm:Application.Resources> to <Application.Resources> in my App.xaml file.
  3. After step 2 I was getting this error AG_E_PARSER_PROPERTY_NOT_FOUND. To resolve this I "Search and Replace"-ed vsm:Setter to Setter within the entire solution.
  4. In my ScrollViewer Style where has been defined TextAlignment and TextWrapping properties, there were XamlParseExceptions and I removed those properties. I found out that ScrollViewer and other ContentControl derived classes have no longer TextXXX properties because of WPF compatibility.
  5. I had warnings on the "Foreground" property in the ContentPresenter type. I removed it. Also, I had a compile error on the "Duration" property on Visual Transition, I found out that it has changed to GeneratedDuration.
This solution worked for my problem.
For more detailed information you could read these posts from Mike Snow and Jesse Liberty

Comments